Thursday, September 4, 2008

Podcast and an Awesome FAQ

As part of the Mighty 600,000, I feel it is my duty to share the wealth. That wealth being The FightWorks Podcast. This is a great podcast, everything Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. They discuss everything from major competitions to health and nutrition, and interview some of the most well known BJJ players in the world! I highly recommend you subscribe using your favorite RSS reader (my favorite being Google Reader) or iTunes (but I subscribe to the podcast through iTunes hehe).

In one of the FightWorks podcasts, Caleb mentioned an .xml file he uploaded to the website of all the blogs he follows (over 60 blogs, which can be found here). Amongst those blogs is one entitled Slidey's Training Log. This is one blog I've grown to like very much in the very short time I've started reading all those blogs Caleb shared. Slidey's was another blog that encouraged me to start my own and track my own progress. He does a nice job describing all the techniques he's learning. Anyways, Slidey replied to one of my comments and directed me to a beginner FAQ that he put together, and I'd like to share it with you. It answers all kinds of questions that may be going through your head as a person looking to start BJJ, or a person who's already started. Awesome stuff there, thanks again Slidey :-)

1 comment:

slideyfoot said...

Thanks! Always happy to help. ;)

Yeah, the Fightworks Podcast is brilliant - the medical episodes (like this one) in particular have been very informative - and that blog list was also very handy. Makes for great lunchtime reading. I also like the way Caleb has recently moved towards more user-generated content, which seems a general theme on the web over this past year.